Summary of CoDA World Conference Call
Sunday December 11, 2016
Time: 2:00 - 3:30 PM Eastern.
Place: Skype for business invite.
Meeting called to order by Chair Mary
- Established order for Round Robin: Gerry, Mary, Addie, Jen, Lorraine, Madeline, Anita, Denny
- Turn on Recording (15 minutes)
- Welcome any visitors: None visitors during this call.
- Ratify minutes (Approved by email with changes) Denny made a motion to accept minutes from October 15-21 (CSC), and November 13. Madeline seconded All members voted: Motion unanimously approved.
Items for discussion.
- VE issues. SoCal #1. Group exemption for all VE’s. Lorraine motioned to obtain a written response from CPA before any decision is made. Anita seconded. All members voted: Five in favor, None against, Two abstentions. Motion Passed.
- Setting a meeting day and time for board workgroup. Meetings set for each 4th Thursday of the month at 6 PM Pacific, 8 PM Central, 9 PM Eastern. New time and date was unanimously agreed. Next meeting Thursday Dec 22, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific.
Treasurer Report: Denny.
- ERR’s update: All but two are now paid.
- Status of 2x2x2 workgroup. Denny and Addie to meet with Finance, and Events Monday Dec, 12, 2016. Addie will be sending agenda for board review.
- 7th donation Giving Wise page needs more work. Action item: Denny to draft and send for board review.
Bill from Carefree Hotel. Overcharges found, hotel took off $1200.Final bill was paid.
- Booking rooms under Board Card. (Events) Action Item: Email discussion and 2x2x2.
- Continue to maintain $ 100,000 in the Chase Checking account as in previous years. All members agreed.
- Current balances:
- Chase checking account $84,951.29
- Chase Savings: $60,066.59
- National Bank of Arizona: $180, 359.97
Website Report. Gerry:
- ASWS contract expires soon. Action item: (for email discussion)
- Massachusetts VE issue. (for email discussion)
- Co-NNections inquired about a possible creation of a booklet, journal, or newsletter. One like AA’s “Grapevine”. They’ll would use own submissions. Copyrights already obtained during submission process. Is this something they could work on? Unanimously approved. Action Item: To let the Chair of Co-NNections know the results.
- Committee ‘s Report previously sent to the board
Vice Chair. Lorraine:
- Staring 2x2 workgroup with CoRE. Considering a re-evaluation of Committee of the Month project. Committee workload is quite considerable. Action items: Lorraine and Mary will look for ways to archive this project.
- No change from previous report.
Trustee at large. Jen:
- Committees doing well. Approval for H&I book purchase obtained.
Alternate trustee. Addie.
- Committee’s Report previously sent to the board. Communications considering the possibility of starting a feature on the different committees.
- CLC working on two new pieces of literature, and proofing the pocket-size Blue Book before reprint. Committee does not have a Chair yet, but works continues.
- WOW workgroup . Action item: Gerry and Jen overseeing. Perhaps bringing in new people.
- Strategic Plan item 6. Develop Service at all levels of the Fellowship, (sponsoring/mentoring/service) Action Item: Lorraine and Gerry to assist with this project. This could be something to work on at our workgroup meetings.
- Godaddy / Mexico. Action Item: Denny overseeing this.
- Are there any questions about the Liaison reports? No questions were presented.
Next meeting Jan 8th 2017 at 2:00 PM Pacific, 4 PM Central, 5 PM Eastern.
Meeting adjourned at 3:30 PM by Chair, Mary I