CoDA January 2016 Board Meeting Summary

 
From: "[list_settings.list_name]" <codalist@codependents.org>
Subject: CoDA January 2016 Board Meeting Summary
Date: January 30th 2016


The contents of this email are from the CoDA Board of Trustees, board@coda.org

Summary for CoDA World Board Conference Call Sunday 1/10/16 2 pm-3:15 pm PST

• Opened meeting with readings, check-ins, welcoming visitors. The order of speaking is Lorraine, Gerry, Mary, Denny, Chris.

• Ratify minutes (approved by email with changes) = none

• Ratify Group Conscience (GC) Motions - extension of a previous meeting approved by majority via email: motion to approve 3 items - summary 12/13 - Minutes Face to Face 11/19/2015 & 12/13/2015 – Passed as written.

• Ratify GC s unanimous votes of new issues via email qsr – approval given

• Incomplete GC- This motion to be presented at CSC motion made, seconded. The board of trustees move that CSC be held between the last 2 weeks in August and the first two weeks in September each year. Intent, To create boundaries on the dates of CSC. Also, to allow Board of Trustees to serve a term of a year, rather than some years being 9, 10 or 11 months and some being 13, 14, or 15 months.

There is a possibility there may be an existing motion that gives events permission to set the date for CSC – needs to be researched. Tabled to next meeting

• Discussion on Special 30 Coin and Year (Mary) events wants permission to use – ‘To thine own self be true’ and the CoDA logo. For a coin celebrating the 30 years of CoDA, not a anniversary/birthday coin. Tabled till next meeting; request events draw up what they actually want, present to board and bring to next meeting. Mary action item

• Discussion - Spanish Outreach web page (Denny)

o Spanish outreach created a punch list of items needed to correct their web page. TABLED – moved to discussion during the month Denny action item. Suggested we get a price for punch list from AWS, and upkeep, but this may come with our discussion.

• Discussion - Chairs call (Gerry)

o volunteers needed. - February, Mary. March, Gerry. Next months’ meeting we will gather more volunteers. .

• Discussion - Pay Pal upgrade (Denny)

• Motion made and seconded to upgrade current pay pal account to pay additional $30 month (in addition to currently pay 1.5%). This will allow the donor to specify what the $ is to go to. Passed by majority.

• Discussion - Section 6 Mary’s questions (Chris) o Do we track international agreement payments – not at this time. Moved to discussion Mary action item.

• Discussion on when our term ends. (Chris) moved to email discussion. Chris action item

• Discussion interest in “group inventory” (Gerry) suggested group inventory to improve communication and board effectiveness. move to email discussion Gerry action item.

• Discussion “fair use” policy for our website (Gerry)

o This is necessary to have a fair use policy on the web site to protect our copyrights. Mary and Gerry will work on this, with Chris as legal liasion – motion to create work group. Seconded. passed.

Motion to extend meeting 15 minutes. seconded and passed.

Treasurer’s Report – Denny

• 2039.23, 61294.18 total 121,333.94 in Chase. Bank of Arizona – $180,232.29.

Action Items: Professional Service provider (Contract) completed The contract with our service provider has been signed.

Action Items: check-in committee’s

Finance next meeting on the 13th at 4PM eastern. SSC – meeting was conflict with board meeting last time. Wednesday is next meeting. Announced that every ERR and payment was completed by end of 2015.

Website Update – Gerry Action Items: Update technology Needs. Gerry talked with AWS, has accomplished meeting locator; working on international, ¾ done. Gerry has arranged 1/24 meeting with web oversight workgroup.

Action Items: check-in committee’s – moved to discussion Gerry Action item

Secretary-Mary

o Action Items Awareness campaign for the fellowship. No work on this.

o Action Items: check-in committee’s

o outreach committee and events moved to discussion. Mary action item

Vice Chair-Lorraine-

o Action Items Awareness campaign for the fellowship. Literature committee has some info on this. Move to discussion – Lorraine action item.

o Action Items: check-in committee’s

Chair- Chris H

o Action Items: check-in committee’s - IMC, checking Intergroup list and will update us when they are done.

o P&P Changes Chris – Action item.

New Business: Does current board want a work group to delineate legal responsibilities and healthy boundaries between the fellowship structure and the corporation structure? Motion passed last year to establish work group. background is there are conflicts between legal responsibilities of board and the fellowship. These fuzzy boundaries can create conflict. to Discussion email (Chris action item)

Next meeting – February 21, 2:00 pm. PT Please note new time Closing Prayer

note - call in # is 641 715 3670 New access code is 724687 We may be trying another version of communication system next month. Gerry will send out info if this is the case, and if anyone wishes to visit the board meeting, we will need 1 weeks’ notice so we can get all arranged.



You can review previous emails here: http://codependents.org/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi/list/main/

If you have a general question about CoDA (as opposed to the specific content of this email), please email info@coda.org .

If you wish to leave a message to receive a call back from a CoDA volunteer, please call (888) 444-2359 {Toll free} or (602) 277-7991.

For Spanish inquiries you may email espanol@coda.org or call (888) 444-2379 {Spanish toll free}.

Forward to a Friend
 
 
  • This mailing list is a public mailing list - anyone may join or leave, at any time.
  • This mailing list is announce-only.

The purpose of this list is to share information with any & all CoDA members, especially that which may effect CoDA as a whole.

We will be sending out regular emails with CoDA events, announcements, issues & CoDA business of interest to both specific regions & to the entire CoDA fellowship.

Per the 2nd tradition, For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority, a loving higher power as expressed to our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern. Developing a group conscience requires an informed fellowship, & to be effective trusted servants those you've elected must know the group conscience of the fellowship.

Privacy Policy:

Per the 11th & 12th Traditions this list is private & anonymous.

Go back to Codependents Anonymous